Ishmael Means "God Hears"

Ishmael was a young man when he and his mother became lost in the unforgiving wilderness and were dying of thirst. His mother couldn't bear to hear her son's pitiful groaning and watch him die, so she removed herself to a short distance away, probably hoping that she would die first. But an angel appeared, instructing the poor, hopeless woman not to be afraid and telling her, "God has heard the boy crying as he lies there." The angel then showed her a well and so she took water to her dying child. He soon revived and went on to fulfill the prophecy that he would be great among God's people.

Any good garden is filled with a variety of good things that grow. Therefore, this blog will be filled with a variety of topics and ideas that establish and build faith in Jesus Christ and hope in the human heart. This blog, this garden, is dedicated to every Ishmael that cries in the wilderness. For God still hears. And He has given us Living Water to revive our souls.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

What Is Your Season, Your Present Feeling?

I offer this prayer that I penned some time ago.  I hope that it will help someone.  God be with you.


God of Our Ancient Fathers
a prayer

Your Book, O Lord, shows me that I share in the experiences of my ancient fathers - that my heart cries the same cries of their hearts...

God of the Tired, please give me Rest.

God of the Weeping, please give me Laughter.

God of the Confused, please give me Clarity.

God of the Troubled, please give me Peace.

God of the Sick, please give me Health.

God of the Poor, please give me Sustenance.

God of the Rejected, please give me Friendship.

God of the Weak, please give me Strength.

God of the Fearful, please give me Courage.

God of the Lost, please give me Direction.

God of the Sinful, please give me Forgiveness.

God of the Doubtful, please give me Faith.

God of the Angry, please give me Mercy.

God of the Maligned, please give me Vindication.

God of the Hunted, please give me Escape.

God of the Neglectful, please give me Sight.

God of the Hopeless, please give me Vision.

God of the Suffering, please give me Patience.

God of The Spirit, please give me Life.

God of The Promise, please give me Jesus.

Through Christ, Our Lord.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment